Tuesday, May 31, 2011

calendar january 2011

calendar january 2011. calendar january 2011.
  • calendar january 2011.



  • Earendil
    Nov 27, 04:33 PM
    I'd just like to agree with those who have pointed out that the main thing Apple's monitor division should be worrying about is price, not new sizes - the Apple logo can bear a certain price premium but not that much, especially as they don't yet include Apple-specific goodness such as integrated isight etc.

    *smacks head on desk*
    Beating a dead horse...


    In October, I considered a 23" ACD at �848 inc. VAT, delivery and 3yrs of Applecare cover.

    Instead, I phoned Dell and got the 24" 2407WP for �549.08 inc. VAT, delivery and 4yrs next business day swap-out cover. For the Apple, I would have had to pay a premium of 55% and got 1yr less cover.


    Good for you.
    Yeah Apple is really screwing us over, man oh man. And look at NEC, they must be absolutely mad to charge $2000 for their MultiSync LCD2190UXi (http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10754) :rolleyes:

    You made the right choice for your needs and your price. You bought a consumer monitor.

    If people want to say that Apple should make a consumer level LCD (for cheap) than say so. But please, for the love of all things, stop dissing on Apple monitors just because you are happy with a Dell and they are cheaper. Many people are Happy with cheapo computers, and if all you need is to write and print word documents, do not buy an Apple computer. However that doesn't mean that Apple doesn't make a computer worth it's weight in gold... for those that need it.
    If you don't need color accuracy, DO NOT BUY AN APPLE MONITOR, there are cheaper monitors that, though less accurate, will satisfy you just fine.





    calendar january 2011. January 2011 Calendar
  • January 2011 Calendar



  • gugy
    Sep 1, 12:57 PM
    Great,
    Thanks for waking me up multimedia:D

    I never really care for the Imac. As a second computer is great, but for me I rather have a Mac Pro. I am glad is possible to do that now.





    calendar january 2011. blank calendar 2011 january.
  • blank calendar 2011 january.



  • Tmelon
    Apr 3, 08:39 PM
    I have the same thing happens with my safari in full screen where you hover your mouse over the top and the menubar slide down it is a bug because it the bar serve no function right now -that definitely did happen in DP!
    Although Safari has not crashed yet where it crash several time a day in DP1

    Edit: I just was scrolling in full screen and Safari crashed for the first time since I used DP2

    I had that yesterday actually. It went away though.





    calendar january 2011. Blank Calendar 2011 January or
  • Blank Calendar 2011 January or



  • AppleIntelRock
    Dec 30, 12:05 AM
    It's possible to both be quite right here. HD is underestimated, but having greater demand than expected is a separate issue to overall market size.

    Anyway, as you say... there are 2 separate markets - the 2 evolutions of PayTV are "on demand", and HD (or both together). People who have invested in a top notch TV will easily pay for HD players (like an iTV-HD). Others may just want to watch what they want, when they want it.

    If Apple only releases a HD system, and it costs a premium, I won't end up buying it. I'd be paying for a premium that I couldn't take advantage of. And besides, at the moment the iTS sells 640x480 anyway.

    Really, is that what you're doing in the US?

    We've got Digital 576i in Australia as our standard definition, but it's in the 16:9 aspect ratio. Apple can choose whatever combination they want, I'm sure.

    At least our TV's aren't upside down :D :cool: ;)





    calendar january 2011. From January 2011 we will
  • From January 2011 we will



  • Dagless
    Apr 19, 05:21 PM
    Very nice! My 2006 iMac would like to be replaced.

    From what I've seen the current iMacs would be fine for me but I've been holding off because I think it's daft buying a Mac so late into it's cycle. Just give us some better video card options and I'm set.





    calendar january 2011. calendar january 2011.
  • calendar january 2011.



  • mrblack927
    Mar 31, 07:06 AM
    I haven't noticed too many aesthetic differences (besides iCal of course) but it does feel overall smoother than DP1 to me. You can tell Apple is working hard to get this ready for prime time.





    calendar january 2011. calendar january 2011.
  • calendar january 2011.



  • dmaxdmax
    Nov 29, 09:16 AM
    I was in a Brookstone at a pretty upscale mall where the manager told me they were selling well - much better than their other MP3 players. Brookstone doesn't carry iPods so take it for what it's worth.





    calendar january 2011. medusa 2011 january calendar
  • medusa 2011 january calendar



  • Quboid
    Jan 11, 09:37 PM
    I really couldn't care less about the sales.

    Think about it, if the iPhone doesn't sell, would that put in doubt the fact that it is the best thing out?





    calendar january 2011. January 2011 Calendar Free
  • January 2011 Calendar Free



  • fedex1993
    Jan 8, 07:31 PM
    My car (well, when I finally pass my test) is below, the blue Nissan Micra on the far left. Not a very impressive car at all by any means, but it was seen on Top Gear a few years back (http://i53.tinypic.com/33mv0yb.png) when the boys made their electric car and took it to Oxford.

    http://i54.tinypic.com/99hvma.jpg
    *offtopic* where are you watching that at?





    calendar january 2011. January 2011 Calendar: Safe
  • January 2011 Calendar: Safe



  • peharri
    Jul 18, 09:32 AM
    ...but why on Earth would Jobs announce this at a developer's conference?

    WWDC showcases the new hardware and software, but this isn't either, it's a product of little or no interest to developers. It's the wrong audience.

    A more realistic possibility is a seperate, unrelated, keynote. The iTunes Music Store was announced at a special event, and I'd imagine any "movie download service" would be announced similarly.

    I don't think the idea is impossible. I can see a $5 fixed fee thing working quite well, with $1 going to Apple to cover their operating costs. They can probably get an hour or so of moderate, better-then-VHS-resolution, quality for 100 megabytes if they choose a reasonable codec. The system probably fits Apple better than a selling system, where questions like "I can burn my music to CD, how come I can't burn my movies to DVD" will be asked. The major issue I can forsee though is that most of us want to watch movies on a large screen. Most Mac users don't really have anything that would work for that. Perhaps a little, cheap, Firewire widget that does TV out should be in Apple's future.





    calendar january 2011. Free Monthly Calendar 2011
  • Free Monthly Calendar 2011



  • chinesechikn
    Mar 26, 08:19 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)





    calendar january 2011. February 2011 Calendar January
  • February 2011 Calendar January



  • jav6454
    Mar 24, 04:20 PM
    Llano is not Atom-level hardware. That is Zacate/Ontario.

    Llano is the mainstream Sandy Bridge competitor.

    Which is not even out yet. Brazos/Zacate and Ontario are the ones I'm referring. Let me edit that out.





    calendar january 2011. Calendar 2011 January. January
  • Calendar 2011 January. January



  • Cygnus311
    Sep 1, 12:38 PM
    I couldn't disagree with you more.

    This size represents the iMac that can display Full resolution 1080p HD content. If they introduce this and then eventually throw a Blu-ray in there they've got the killer combination. Front Row is already setup to be a home-theatre replacement. I mean come on, it's basically an HDTV...it's 1080p, it's got a remote, and it's got front row... This will sell like crack... Digital crack...

    A 23" home theater screen? Umm.......





    calendar january 2011. CALENDAR OF JANUARY 2011
  • CALENDAR OF JANUARY 2011



  • mrblack927
    Mar 31, 07:06 AM
    I haven't noticed too many aesthetic differences (besides iCal of course) but it does feel overall smoother than DP1 to me. You can tell Apple is working hard to get this ready for prime time.





    calendar january 2011. january 2011 barbary calendar
  • january 2011 barbary calendar



  • supermacdesign
    Jul 18, 09:50 AM
    I hope the rental thing is true--I don't want to own. I'm not with Steve Jobs on this one (assuming the rumors are true that he opposes rentals).

    Owning music downloads fits my habits/needs. Owning movie downloads does NOT. The vast majority of movies I watch I never see again. And I don't want to store big movie files long-term. And I don't want to pay a higher price! Lower the price and make it short-term. I like that better.

    For the few movies/shows I'd want to own, I want the discs (Blu-Ray preferred :) ) and the ability to take them to a friends' house.

    Also, if it's a rental model, I can be more forgiving on quality. They'd have to be better than iPod 320x240 (except, obviously, when played ON an iPod), but if they're a little bit short of DVD quality, I'd still be bored enough to seek instant gratification and rent some. The price would have to be right, of course. Netflix rentals cost about $2.50 each on my plan. For slightly-sub-DVD quality and near-instant delivery, I'd pay maybe $2. For FULL DVD quality I'd certainly be willing to match Netlflix's price, or even pay a little more (for iTunes convenience/speed).

    How often would I rent? Depends on selection... which means, probably not often :) At first. But it would be cool to see it grow to a collection that could rival Netflix.

    After all, I already do all my movie watching on my Mac (sometimes connected to TV).

    This is exactly how I feel about the situation. Renting is the key, and a $1.99 price point is perfect. The movies I purchased for $15 I almost never watch again, I am a sucker for impulse buying. I rent movies now for a buck at RedBox anything more that $2 isn't worth my time when I can have the disc in hand to watch when I want in beautiful DVD quality.





    calendar january 2011. Telugu January 2011 Calendar
  • Telugu January 2011 Calendar



  • MartiNZ
    Apr 20, 06:08 AM
    Hope Apple surprises us... And not just a Sandy Bridge upgrade alongside Thunderbolt.

    Agreed. With the big up in GPU they gave the MBPs I am hopeful that they just might. The 27" saw the first desktop CPU in an iMac, right? I wonder if they can't now manage the same with the GPU. If it is decent, I think I'll be pretty tempted; and I've been running on only laptops for ages, so that's saying something!





    calendar january 2011. calendar for January 2011
  • calendar for January 2011



  • jettredmont
    Apr 12, 09:55 PM
    Also the guy who took a nice iMovie and made it unusable. I hope he doesn't fsck up FCP. Even iMovie had background rendering until he stripped it out.

    Have you used iMovie recently? In the last two releases it has moved forward by leaps and bounds (and I'm fairly certain it does background rendering of everything...) Your criticism was true of the oriinal new iMovie, but since then they've been re-adding the features on the streamlined chassis and it is a rather nice program now.





    calendar january 2011. Pigtails Calendar January 2011
  • Pigtails Calendar January 2011



  • Jaster
    Apr 3, 10:15 AM
    http://cl.ly/3W1u1A3X0K0K1w0q3N2J/ScrollBar.png


    The scrollbar stays a constant black regardless of content. It's a black semi-transparent overlay, and ontop of black backgrounds, you can just barely make out the hint of its outline (since it isn't quite solid black.)


    Ah thanks.

    Hopefully Apple implements some code into the OS/Webkit that looks up what colour the background is and colours the scrollbar light/dark accordingly.





    calendar january 2011. Free January 2011 Calendar
  • Free January 2011 Calendar



  • charlituna
    Apr 2, 09:31 PM
    I'll "believe" when they fix the currently unresolved and widespread quality control issues...light bleed on virtually every unit and blemishes, dents and scratches on units straight out of the box.

    Fix those issues, Apple, and then I will "believe" enough to get an iPad 2.


    Virtually every unit huh.

    Well I have seen tons of postings all over about 'I got the new ipad' with no mention of said problems.

    I bought one opening weekend for home use and one last week for work with nada. All nine of the cast on my current gig have problem less iPad 2s, plus the office has gotten close to 100 units all with no issues.

    Perhaps by 'virtually every' you mean 'not even one percent of what has been sold' because that is probably the real number





    jeznav
    Mar 31, 08:49 AM
    Apple has never mentioned the new "Scene Kit" before:

    Introduced in Mac OS X v10.7, the Scene Kit framework enables your application to import, manipulate, and render three-dimensional assets. It supports 3D assets imported via COLLADA, an XML-based schema that facilitates the transport of 3D assets between applications. Architecturally, a scene is composed of the 3D entities of cameras, lights, and meshes. Scene Kit lets you access attributes of scene objects—for example, geometry, bounding volume, and material—and is consistent with the APIs of other graphical frameworks, such as Core Animation and Image Kit.

    Scene Kit is intended for developers who quickly need to integrate 3D rendering into their applications. It doesn’t require that you have advanced graphical programming skills.

    Where are you seeing this? I can't find this on the reference documents.





    sord
    Aug 6, 11:55 PM
    Ok - I've been into Macs for a couple years now, so I don't have the history with the company of many of you do.

    That said, it seems to me that with these ads or banners for Leopard, that it is closer to being released than we all might think. Has Apple promoted a product this way -- bashing M$ -- with out releasing the product soon after?

    To me it just seems like real strong words to use if Leopard wont be out for a while, esp. if it will only be released around the time Vista will be next year.

    Anyone know what I mean, or feel the same way?
    Last WWDC Stevie said that Leopard would be announced at this WWDC - or at least demonstrated. My guess - late this year or early next it will be in stores.

    Oh - and Powerbook G5s (dual core) tomorrow!!





    rasmasyean
    Mar 31, 02:15 PM
    To say any one country defeated the nazis really isn't true. It's as unreasonable a claim as rasmasyean's wargasmic fantasy :p

    As it was, the nazi invasion of russia came very close to success. Would the soviets have defeated the nazis if germany hadn't also been engaged in northern africa and then italy and western europe at the same time they were fighting the soviets? Would they have have beaten Hitler if he hadn't gone against the advice of his generals and made some disastrous decisions? Didn't the Persian supply corridor factor into the soviets being able to hold off the germans? etc etc etc

    The reality is that the allied forces beat the nazis and not any one country.

    But wargasm fantasy aside, I still think that even if the Americans didn't enter the war directly and assuming they didn't supply the Allies with weapons, and they were still able to hold off Nazis by themselves, the Manhattan project sequence was already on the way. It's no doubt that US would have "tested" them not only in Japan, but all over Europe. And I don't think any of the Axis would have kept going.





    daysleeper
    Jul 18, 09:35 AM
    There are only a handful of movies that I would ever want to own, and these are films that I feel strongly about and like to loan out to people all the time. I have never understood people who build a personal movie library-- it is so expensive, and who are these people who watch these things over and over again?

    If rentals are cheap, like 2-3 dollars, gimme gimme gimme. It'll save gas money to a traditional video store, and keep me from having to strategize about netflix.

    Of course, it would be best to have an option to buy too, but I guess we can't have everything.





    N10248
    Mar 24, 06:48 PM
    Couldn't they simply upgrade that as well? I can't imagine why they couldn't. I mean we are talking future Mac Pros.

    It would most likely make the Mac Pro more expensive even if you go with the cheapest graphics card as all Mac Pros would have to have a better PSU Just in case the owner decides to upgrade the card later.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment